Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Coming Home

I plan to post about Vietnam too. Especially the food, which was awesome.

I'm sitting at the Singapore Airport, having just had to take off my shoes to go through security for the first time since leaving the US. And they confiscated my toothpaste and contact lens solution. Bummer. But I heard the sweet words, "You have aisle seats all the way."  Yay!  By my count, this morning was the 30th time I've packed my bags. And these will be my 22nd and 23rd flights.

Singapore was a good transition back to the States. We kept remarking on such marvels as:  cabs with meters, stoplights that cars actually stop at, hardly ever having to walk in the street. Also, numerous 7-11s, Starbucks, McDonalds, and other American brands.

The highlight, for me at least, was meeting internet celebrity Belle Waring, with whom we went shopping in Little India and had some dosas. The Asian Civilizations Museum was also great; easily the nicest museum we've seen on the trip.

2 comments:

MrMotivation said...

Welcome Home! We all look forward to seeing you. Cheers to you O'Travelers!

Carolyn said...

Yup, welcome home to you two! We can't wait to see the pictures and hear more about your adventures. THanks for bringing us along vicariously, it's been fun!